How much time do I need to commit as a cast member?
The time commitments are:
- 1 hour during the first week of classes for an audition.
- Sunday of the same week, from 1pm to 5pm, for the read-through.
- Regular time during the evenings of the next three weeks for your rehearsals. You can indicate how much time you are willing to commit on the audition form.
- One day from 9am to 5pm during the first two weekends of rehearsals, for opening and closing rehearsal, tech work, or production work.
- Saturday and Sunday the third week of rehearsals, from 9am to 6pm, for tech weekend.
- The dress rehearsal and the shows in the fifth week of classes.
If you can’t commit all this time, you may still be able to participate. Please indicate your conflicts on the audition form.
How much time do I need to commit as a techie?
If you are interested in being a techie that assists with the run of the show (e.g. grip, flies, light/sound op, etc.), you will need to be able to commit to the full run of the show. For the build weekends, we ask that you try to come for two 9 to 5 days. If you have any questions or would like to further discuss your availability, please contact the Tech Director directly.
How much time do I need to commit as a band member?
The exact time commitment requirements for the band are still being worked out and will be added here once they are set. You can contact the Band Leader directly in the meanwhile.
I heard something about parties?
YES! FASS is a very social group, and we will have some event going on every week from auditions to the show. Usually, there will be a party every Saturday leading up to the show, except for the first week of rehearsals, were we will have our Talent Optional show instead. Additionally, there are parties after every night of shows. These are a blast and a great way to unwind, so you should try to attend as many of the events as you can!